Thursday 14 August 2014

Tuesday 14th April - Makeup Diary entry #1

I never used to be one for wearing makeup. I was a self conscious teen with a lot of acne! So now as my self esteem grows, so does my love for makeup!

Onto the makeup diary!! So, I started my daily face care routine with Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore & Shine Daily Scrub, as usual. I feel like it does it's job pretty well, and doesn't dry my skin out so it's a keeper in my book. Not overly sure about it's claim to visibly reduce pores, but it does stop my skin from being ridiculously shiny! 

To start my routine after showering, I used the Clinique Anti Blemish Clarifying Lotion with a cotton pad. 6 months ago I would have sworn by the stuff but I feel like I've hit a brick wall with it. However, up until this point the 3 Step anti-blemish solutions worked fantastically on my skin. (The anti blemish foundation is fantastic too, nice full coverage and definitely suppresses facial oils for a good few hours!) 
despite the fact that my skin is very oily, I do feel like I'm mistreating it if I don't give it a bit of moisture! 

I chose to use Olay Essentials Complete Care Day Fluid for Normal/Oily skin. It's not a heavy formula and doesn't feel greasy when applied to the skin, so it works well enough for me!  I got a bargain from Debenhams on Monday, Nip+Fab's Dark Circle Fix, it would normally retail at approximately £15, but I got it for less than £5! I had to have that! I've only been using it for a matter of days so I haven't noticed a great deal of difference, however, I'm definitely continuing to use it.  

 The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin clearing lotion is something that I've had in my drawer for quite some time, and therefore probably isn't as effective as it should be! However, I find it makes a great base for makeup, though I do normally put a primer on top as well.  

Today that primer was the No7 Colour Calming Primer that I bought earlier this week. I've been wanting to try a green concealer or primer for a while now so I jumped at the opportunity! When it goes on the face it does leave a slight green tinge, however, that's definitely covered by the foundation/BB cream/CC cream you choose on top!  
 
I chose to use Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream for Oily skin. I really really want to like this, but I don't feel like it does enough for my skin. I wanted something quite light to apply to my skin for work or shopping but I suppose with my acne that's never going to work. To be fair, it's not completely awful on the clearer parts of my skin, but my pores are still very prominent. I'm going to continue using it for now, but I think I'm going to have to stick with foundations with a bit more coverage.  
 
Here is my cheek to show the coverage on my acne! Not great! 


Finally, I applied Carmex Mint Moisturising Lip balm. I love all of tubes of this lip balm that I've tried! This is probably my favourite! 
All in all, I'm not too happy with my makeup or my skin today!

No comments:

Post a Comment