Wednesday 20 August 2014

Wednesday 20th August - Blacklisted Products entry #1

For as long as I can remember, (which isn't long, my memory is appalling) I've struggled with acne. I never even used to apply much when I was younger because it was so painful. One of my friends introduced me to Maybelline Matte Mousse foundation and ever since then I've been trying out a lot more makeup and Skincare products, especially for the past two years. 

Here are a list of products I felt haven't agreed with my skin/lips etc or I haven't felt comfortable wearing. 


First of all, Nivea Pearly Shine. 


I love lip balm. I apply it a lot as I have naturally dry lips. This lip balm was on offer in Boots when I got it and I thought why not! ...And then I tried it and realised that the only thing I like about it is the smell. It smells gorgeous! But when applied, I felt it dried my lips out as opposed to moisturising them and the 'Pearly Shine' that was left on my lips just wasn't for me, it was too light, making me look washed out. 

L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream in Anti-Redness

I got this at the recommendation of a friend. It comes out of the tube green and blends to become a very dark orange colour. It didn't suit me at all and didn't cover my blemishes as I'd hoped, especially with it being anti-redness. Not only that, but it did cause me to break out so I'll give this a miss from now on!   

Now is a product from one of my favourite brands ever, Clinque! It's the Moisture Surge CC Cream in light medium.

 I'm very partial to Clinique's bonus time promotions, the gifts are awesome and the makeup bags and tins are ridiculously cute! I got this product as part of that exact promotion so I can't complain about wasted money...but I heard so many great things about this product so I was disappointed when it didn't work with me. It made my skin look very oily and just didn't sit right with me.  


Nip+Fab CC Cream in Light


 I was disappointed by this product, partly because I've heard so much about this brand, and partly because I thought I'd got a bargain! Unfortunately that wasn't the case, I found it incredibly hard to blend and it gathered in my pores when I used my mattifying powder on top. It's a shame, but I won't be buying this product again. (Though lots of Nip+Fab products are on my wishlist!) 


Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream for Oily Skin in Light


I've been on the search for a BB or a CC cream to wear on those days that I can't be bothered to cake on the makeup, however, with the amount of coverage I get from this product (minimal even after a few layers of the product) and how long it lasted (not long, I was oily after half an hour one day!!) it's not worth the effort! It would be harder work than just applying foundation! Considering the amount of BB and CC creams that are on my list, I'm going to give in, I think!! 

L'Oreal Paris' Lumi Magique foundation!

I got this in rose porcelain and it was definitely a good match but this foundation is more matched to normal or dry skin... Which I would have found out if I had bothered to research it! The coverage didn't last long even with a primer and didn't hide the excess oil, I found myself reaching for my powder every hour or so.

Are there any products on this list that you've had more luck with? 

Do you agree with my judgments?  


Becca xx

1 comment:

  1. I've only tried the BB Cream out of these and completely agreed, I never used it by itself only as a kind of primer underneath foundation. I use a Rimmel BB Cream now and it's much better.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete